Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Assignment waiting

About a month ago we found out we will be moving to Region 3, and then on March 5th, we found out region 3 had been narrowed down to Western North Dakota. And then just one week ago today, we found out, from a meeting with our wonderful new Bishop, Mark Narum, it would most likely be northern and western North Dakota.

The whole thing has been a bit of a whirlwind for me. Since I gave birth to my second daughter on Feb 16th. This assignment journey started on the 18th of Feb, as I still lay in my hospital bed getting to know my new baby girl. And it's been happening so fast. Hard to believe that was all a month ago today. Whew! Perhaps God has been working in my life in all this.

I've been reading a book "Seven Spiritual Gifts of Waiting". I am horribly impatient. Everything should be done now. That's how I've always lived my life. And well, since my sweet baby girl #2 came into our lives, that has changed. This whole assignment journey has been taking a backseat to midnight feedings and dirty diapers. While it's still important to me, it's just not been my focus. Which has been a blessing. My impatience has come around, and I am happy to just wait and see what unfolds.

The book has a wonderful quote in the first few pages "Do you have the patience to wait till the mud settles and the water is clear? Can you remain unmoving till the right action arises by itself." I am letting my mud clear. The Bishop told us we would have paperwork for congregations in the next two weeks. That mud is settling. And I am honestly hardly even thinking about it. The water is clearing. But I'm still waiting. Which is okay. Waiting isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment